Monday, August 20, 2012

Musically Dressed: "Settle Down"

In Motion: Settle Down Screencaps
In Motion: Settle Down ScreencapsIn Motion: Settle Down Screencaps
In Motion: Settle Down Screencaps

In Motion: Settle Down Screencaps
(Screencaps by me)
For my final post in this mini-series, I decided to put together an outfit inspired by "Settle Down" by Kimbra. This music video is a little creepy, but I think it's really clever and well done, not to mention all the colors and shots are stunning. I think it does what a music video should, which is hint at a possible meaning but still somewhat leave everything open to interpretation, perfectly. 
In Motion: Settle Down inspired outfit
For this outfit, I knew it had to have a classic, polished vibe, but I also wanted to include some of the edgy factor that the end of the video has. This Forever 21 dress echoed the ruffles in Kimbra's dress and still had a sweet, classic, and almost vintage feel. I thought this scarf was also perfect, worn either around the neck or as a headscarf, like in the fourth picture. The heels definitely added to the classic feel, and I just had to sneak in those bright orange skull beads.

My version of this outfit will be up on Wednesday!

Charlotte
In Motion: Musically Dressed Mini-Series

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...