Friday, November 30, 2012

Sketchbook Pages: 14

In Motion: Sketchbook Pages, Izziyana Suhaimi
This is another artist that I found in the summer and I really loved the way she combines 2D images with texture, so she immediately went into my sketchbook! I've been thinking about the idea of combining a 2D image with 3D accents, and so I liked that Izziyana Suhaimi does that in such a low key, but original and beautifully detailed way. It sort of seems like the perfect way to start playing with dimensions. Inspired by her art, I actually have been working on a painting with embroidered detail, but I still have quite a bit to do before my piece is done. Embroidery really takes a while, even when you're just doing the most basic of lines like I am! I'm looking forward to posting it on here when I've finished though!

What do you think about her work? Isn't the amount of detail in the right-hand picture below amazing?
In Motion: Sketchbook Pages, Izziyana Suhaimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...